TEACHING BAHASA INDONESIA IN VICTORIA
Teaching Bahasa Indonesia in Victoria is a stimulating, satisfying and rewarding career that provides the opportunity to influence and shape many lives.
Qualified Indonesian teachers have never been in more demand. Choose from jobs in metropolitan Melbourne, rural and regional Victoria. Enjoy flexible, family-friendly conditions that provide a genuine work/life balance. Teaching today offers career advancement, management and leadership opportunities.
Teach today and create tomorrow - For more Information see the DEECD website
HOW TO GET QUALIFIED
- If you are at school or considering tertiary study - you can go on to complete a four-year undergraduate teacher education degree or childhood qualification with a major in Indonesian.
- If you are at university or have already completed a degree with a major in Indonesian- you can go on to complete a one or two-year postgraduate teacher education or early childhood course.
- If you are a qualified teacher from interstate or overseas - your qualifications may already be recognised for teaching in Victorian government schools.
OVERSEAS & INTERSTATE QUAILIFICATIONS
Many qualifications gained from interstate or overseas tertiary institutions are recognised for teaching in Victorian government schools. Studies must provide a suitable background for the curriculum areas to be taught.
However, before commencing employment you must be registered with the Victorian Institute of Teaching. Teachers registered in New Zealand or by an interstate teacher registration authority may apply for registration in Victoria on the basis of mutual recognition. If you have not completed your teacher education qualifications at an Australian institution or in English, you will be required to undertake an English language test. You will not be required to undertake the test until all your qualifications have been assessed and you will then be advised if you need the test by the Victorian Institute of Teaching.
For detailed information see: Victorian Institute of Teaching
For information about current employment opportunities for Indonesian educators please see the follow resources;
- General employment websites or your local and regional newspapers.
- Vacancies in Victoria Government schools can be found on the Recruitment Online website.
- Vacancies in independent schools can be found on individual school websites.